miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2008

Suppositions about Stonehenge (the article).

According to the article, some experts believed Stonehenge was the original equivalent of Lourdes because one of them claimed that people used to come to the Stonehenge monument when they were in a state of distress, so that was the reason why people used to assign it such healing properties.
On the other hand, there were others who believed that Stonehenge could be a temple or a healing center as well, because of the two skulls which were found near it that showed evidence of primitive surgery.
Finally, when I was reading the article some ideas about what Stonehenge was came to my mind. I thought it was a place where primitive people were tortured and for that reason the experts had found skeletons, skulls, and so on. But, when I finished I thought that it was more related to the "folklore interest" which Darvill described, mentioning the lingering memory people had in modern times about the bluestones and their supposed healing powers.

*To conclude, I do not thing everything is said. I really thing that there is something hidden about this place...

No hay comentarios: